Garden Rooms Specifications and Upgrades
An Elegant Garden Room With All the trimmings
Contemporary, practical and flexible, we design garden rooms that are entirely personal to each client whatever your parameters. Our standard buildings and specifications can be enhanced with a variety of upgrades and optional extras enabling you to tailor your building to your own style and requirements. These include: bifold and sliding doors with integral blinds; air conditioning; bathroom facilities; kitchenettes; internet, WIFI and phone connections; and feature walls and built-in cupboards. Create you ideal room from a garden hideaway to a luxury leisure room.
- Galvanised Steel Screw Foundations: Always included in the overall cost and undertaken by our team of specialists. This smart and efficient method of building foundations means that there is no need for concreting or digging (therefore no mud or mess), saving you time and money.
- Structure: All our garden rooms are constructed using SIPs (structured insulated panels). These provide exceptional thermal efficiency and means your garden building will be warm in winter and cool in summer making it ideal for year round use.
- Roofing: Our standard roof finish option is an EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) rubber sheet. It is perfectly suited to a timber building as the rubber can stretch and flex with the natural structure movement that can occur. It also aids insulation whilst remaining maintenance free, making it a very cost-effective and efficient material. The roofing is finished with black plastic rain water guttering to a soak away.
- Insulation: Our buildings incorporate an envelope of insulation in the ceilings, walls and floors to building regulation standards mean that our buildings achieve high U-values (a measure of the flow of heat through an insulating or building material).
- Exterior Cladding: All our models are clad in high quality Western Red Cedar which again enhances the building's thermal qualities and durability. The high levels of natural preservatives within the wood remove the need for additional chemicals to be added, creating a virtually maintenance free natural material. Western Red Cedar's variable colours gives the building an individuality of its own as well as allowing it to sit well in a variety of different settings, complementing the aesthetics of a garden without dominating the landscape.
- Door and Window Frames: We offer a range of thermo-efficient, double-glazed French doors and windows to suit your requirements, maximising the light and bringing the outside inside. We also fit insurance grade locks to ensure the building's security. Upgrades include: Change from UPVC windows to aluminium powder-coated in Anthracite Grey (RAL7016), in standard configuration; Change from standard glazing to high performance glazing.
- Interior walls: All buildings are painted and decorated as standard. The interior is plaster finished and painted in your choice of colour.
- Heating: We have a variety of heating options to suit your budget and requirements. Our standard heating package includes a highly efficient 1.5KW Intelirad radiator. Combining Smart Technology with Optimised Intelligence and built-in WiFi control, the Intelirad is the most technically advanced electric oil-filled radiator on the market. As optional extras we can also equip your garden room with underfloor heating and climate control.
- Flooring: All our garden rooms come with commercial grade oak laminate as standard. However there are a number of other laminates and flooring options available (price on application).
- Electrics and Lighting: Internal - All our garden rooms have their own RCD protected consumer unit. Standard sockets and switches are white with recessed LED spotlights. Lights can be dimmable and we can also provide network data cabling, television and telephone connections depending on the intended use of the room. Upgrades include: Brushed metal spotlights, sockets and switches. External - A variety of external electrical options, including lighting and sockets, are available (price on application).
- Decking: A small one metre deck comes as standard with the building (Fitrite Premium Evo decking in graphite - other colours available).