A Comprehensive Buying Guide for Your Outdoor Kitchen
Looking for something special to complete you garden or patio? Here you can find a wide selection of items from BBQ grills, to wood fired ovens, Kamados, (clay ovens), and firepits, - all of which help to enhance your outdoor cooking experience and entertaining your family and friends. It used to be that the only choice of outdoor cooking equipment was between brands of charcoal BBQ; now the choice in range and price is enormous.
There's nothing like the taste of barbecued food and the tell-tale smell of alfresco cooking that lets us know summer has arrived; but don't believe that barbecues should be reserved for the summer months! Outdoor cooking is about fantastic food and fun all year round. Barbecued food always tastes delicious whether you cook in the sun, rain or snow and, with any one of our products, you can achieve perfectly cooked food whatever the weather - even the turkey for Christmas (see recipe)!
The key types of outdoor cooking equipment are:
- Freestanding BBQs: The most popular, and probably cost effective, solution. Nearly always portable, they are great for everyday grilling and roasting, and are fast, flexible and reliable. Our freestanding BBQs are available in charcoal or gas.
- Outdoor Kitchens: A fully featured kitchen, just outdoors. These are not so much a type of cooking, but a set up that most often contains a built-in grill, plus storage and most of the features of an indoor kitchen.
- Wood Fired & Pizza Ovens: The more traditional option, wood fired ovens are most notable for the great pizza they cook, but also ideal for bread, roasts and anything you would do in a regular oven.
- Speciality Cooking Equipment: Try a Kamado – the new kid on the UK block, although they have been around in the Far East for over two thousand years. These compact clay ovens can grill, bake or smoke. They are essentially a charcoal BBQ inside a clay oven. Other speciality cooking products that you could choose to integrate into your outdoor kitchen include: a teppanyaki grill, Braai or a Smoker.
- Firepits: The most atmospheric option. These add some theatre and warmth to a cooler evening, plus can be used for basic grilling or marshmallow toasting.
Click on the links below to review what you need to consider before making a decision, or to find out more about each product type.