What is Teppanyaki?
Teppanyaki is a style of Japanese cuisine that traditionally used a flat iron plate to cook food. It is a wonderfully theatrical method of cooking but also extremely healthy. Modern teppanyaki grills are typically electric-heated flat surface stainless steel grills and are widely used to cook food in front of guests at restaurants.
However you can bring this culinary expertise into your very own outdoor kitchen and there are plenty of options from which to choose. Our products utilise patented 'shallow dip' technology which removes the need for a run-off collection tray providing a sleeker and more stylish appearance.
Teppanyaki grills are ideal for dinner parties and offer versatility as you can throw just about anything on there, as well as being a wonderful centrepiece for entertaining guests. The large flat surfaced grill is perfect for collective cooking.
What can I cook on my Teppanyaki Grill?
Ingredients for more Western style Teppanyaki cooking include steak, lobster, chicken, shrimp, scallops and vegetables. Click here for a simple, easy recipe.
Benefits of Teppanyaki grills
- Grill warms up quickly (usually around three or four minutes for a medium heat)
- Cooks multiple ingredients at a time
- Keeps food that is cooked warm when placed on the edges of the grill
- Easy to clean (the flat surface means it is easy to wipe up any residue
Recommended utensils and accessories
- Although you can use stainless steel utensils, it's often best to use 'non scratch' tools like wooden spoons and plastic or silicon coated spatulas and grill scrapers - this will help maintain the integrity of your grill.
- Bamboo skewers
- Squeeze bottles for oil and sauces
Discover the excitement of teppanyaki cooking in your outdoor space with Coookers - a unique range of German designed and manufactured products. These teppanyaki-inspired electric powered teppan grills are the latest innovation in home cooking and dining and their amazing functionality will transform your outdoor cooking environment.
Coookers teppanyaki plates utilise patented 'shallow dip' technology which removes the need for a run-off collection tray providing a sleeker and more stylish appearance. This feature allows the creation of delicious sauces and marinades increasing cooking versatility. Multiple dishes can be cooked at the same time and once a dish is cooked it can be moved to the outer temperature zone allowing another dish to be easily prepared.