Wood Fired and Pizza Ovens
Imagine Having Authentic Home-made Pizza, Whenever You Want!
There is nothing like the taste and texture of a hand-made pizza, perfectly cooked with those subtle smokey hints from the real fire of a quality wood fired oven. However, these ovens are about more than simply pizza. They bake delightful breads, scrumptious golden vegetables and melt-in-the-mouth casseroles and curries.
A wood fired oven can dramatically alter the way you cook, whilst providing you with genuine culinary fulfillment. They become the focal point of gatherings, bringing together family and friends and encouraging you want to go outside in all seasons. Cooking in a wood fired ovens entices you to slow down and reconnect with the food traditional cooking methods. Having an outdoor pizza oven in the garden gives you an opportunity to meet with friends, family and eat tasty, healthy and wonderful dishes in a unique atmosphere
So whatever your space or budget constraints may be, whether you want an oven ready built, or a self-assembly bespoke solution, we have the perfect oven for you.
The Benefits of Having a Proper Wood Fired and PIzza Oven
There are many benefits of pizza made in a quality wood fired oven which cannot be achieved in a conventional oven; it is both economical and efficient. It is economical in that more than one pizza can be cooked at a time and foods other than pizza can be cooked inside. Why not try cooking melting joints of meat, crisp-skinned whole fish, breads and beautiful chargrilled, caramelised vegetables, and more – all done in minutes!
- Higher cooking temperature: Heat radiates out from the heat source (usually a wood fire), is spread around the oven, and ultimately absorbed by the interior walls. This heat radiates across the dome very evenly while the floor of the oven remains slightly cooler. When the oven gets really hot inside, the baking temperature can be up to 450°C.
- Faster cooking time: Because of the high heat stored in the dense walls, the brick oven is designed to cook pizza very quickly. It takes approximately 2-3 minutes or less for the pizza to cook. This is very economical if you want to cook a lot of pizzas or multiple dishes quickly!
- Crispy base: At such high temperatures, heat from the fire and the heat bouncing off the inside walls of the oven crisps the pizza very quickly. Any moisture in the dough is thus sealed off. This prevents the base of the dough from becoming soggy and results in a flavorful crust that's puffy, yet soft and chewy.
- Unique flavour: Only a wood-fired oven pizza imparts that unique smokey flavour that cannot be reproduced in a normal kitchen oven. The high temperature produces other flavours not achieved by slow cooking.
- Great toppings: The intense ambient heat and seals and cooks the toppings evenly and quickly. The vegetable toppings will be crispier than those produced on pizzas made in an indoor oven, with the cheese melted to perfection. This quick cooking also allows the vitamins and other nutrients in the vegetables to remain.