Care and maintenance of planters
Galvanised Planters - Care and Maintenance
- To keep you galvanised containers shiny and clean apply a fine layer of WD40 over the entire area and wipe down with a soft cloth
- If you prefer a matt finish galvanised steel will naturally dull if left uncoated
Powder-Coated Planters - Care and Maintenance
- Wash containers down with a mild detergent and water and dry with a soft absorbent cloth
- Do not use any abrasive material or cleaners which could damage the coating.
Stainless Steel Planters - Care and Maintenance
- Wash containers down with a cleaner (Any glass cleaner is usually safe for stainless steel) and water and dry with a soft absorbent cloth.
- For mirrored finishes use glass cleaner and a soft cloth.
- Do not use any abrasive materials (e.g. scouring brush or steel wool) or cleaners which could damage the surface.
- Hard water deposits and stains can be removed by using a soft cloth moistened with undiluted white vinegar.
- For brushed finishes always work in the direction of the original grain
- Specialist stainless steel cleaners are also available.