Privacy & Data Protection Policy
Cedar Nursery provides this information to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy and your data protection.
Our Privacy and Data Protection Policy
The data controller is Cedar Horticultural Services at Cedar Nursery, Horsley Road, Cobham, Surrey, KT11 3JX.
The Data Processor is Mr Tim Sharples.
Cedar Nursery is committed to being transparent about how we collect, use and protect your
personal data. That’s why we’ve developed this privacy and cookies policy (“Policy”), which:
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data and using our services, this includes shopping with us over the phone or online, communicating with us in writing or via email.
Please note that if you choose to communicate with us via social media sites or other third-party
sites you should be aware of the particular privacy and data protection of these sites.
The data we collect and how data will be used
Cedar Nursery uses personal information for legitimate interest in the course of the workings of the
business, employment of staff, dealing with customer and supplier enquiries and in the context of
sales transactions and contracts.
- To process an application for employment (and to communicate to staff for HR matters)
- To respond to any enquiry
- To fulfil orders for products
- To communicate with suppliers and associated businesses
- To communicate about our latest events, news, offers and marketing via emails and newsletters
We may receive data about our customers through a direct enquiry by telephone, email or at the Nursery, the contact form on our website or via subscription to our regular email newsletter.
The type of information we will collect is information necessary to contact you or hold details of an
order or sale and may include:
- Your name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- UK Postal code
We will never collect sensitive personal information without your explicit consent.
The processing of your personal data is closely managed by Tim Sharples with appropriate staff
Access to data, correction and removal
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a
copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to us with a letter headed, “Subject
access request” sent to the following address:
We will give you a description of the information held, why we hold it and who has access to it. We
may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to
correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Communications via email
Where you provide your consent for us to contact you via email we will do this in accordance with
the permissions granted. The email correspondence will be in relation to routine enquiries for
example sales or supplier enquiries, or in accordance to employment. The data will be held in
accordance with this policy and with our data retention procedures.
Cedar Nursery will not sell, trade or pass your personal details to other people, businesses or
organisations (unless there is a legal requirement to do so to help us prevent illegal transactions
and/or at the request of the Police).
Storage of your personal data
Your data is held securely in accordance with our Data Retention Procedures and will only be kept
for a period of time that is reasonable for its purpose.
Amendments to this policy
Our privacy statement may be amended from time to time in accordance with any new Data
Your data and our website
This website uses ‘cookies’ and website tracking code to gather anonymous information about our
visitors' usage patterns. This information is collected anonymously in order to improve the
navigation of our website, the presentation of its content and the quality of its services.
The information collected does not include personal details such as your name, age, telephone
number, postal address or email address, nor does it allow personal identification of a user.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task measuring how many people are using services and which pages are of most interest to them so they can be made easily accessible.
- Cedar Nursery uses Google analytics to measure our website use. Google Analytics uses tracking code, via cookies, to gather anonymous information about visitors' usage patterns, in order to improve the navigation of the site, the presentation of its content and the quality of its services. The information collected does not include personal details such as your name, age, telephone number, postal address or email address, nor does it allow personal identification of a user. Cedar Nursery’s Web Content Management System also collects some basic information about how many times a page has been visited or how long it takes to load but this does not allow personal identification of website users.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website or social media sites may contain links to external sites. Cedar Nursery is not
responsible for the privacy practices of such websites and you should make yourself aware of their
own privacy statements and policies for the protection of your personal data.
We may embed things like video, audio and pictures from other websites on our website. This
means it looks like one of our web pages but it is being fed through from another site (e.g YouTube).
Those other sites may use their own cookies to record that you watched or views the content. Cedar
Nursery has no control over these cookies so you should check the relevant website(s) for more
If you have any questions about this privacy statement and use of this website please contact us: [email protected]
Cedar Nursery appreciates your custom, interest and your trust in us to ensure the privacy of your data.