StablePAVE TRADE is a gravel stabilisation panel complete with double strength weed suppressant membrane attached to the base.
We all know gravel can add an elegant touch to any garden, pathway or driveway, but all too often the disadvantages associated with gravel prevent it from becoming the product of choice.
The solution is StablePAVE:
- No sinking
- No rutting
- No spreading
- Free draining
- Wheelchair friendly
- Low maintenance
In fact, everything you need to take advantage of the beauty and texture of natural aggregates.
StablePAVE TRADE 40 consists of polypropylene trays formed from hexagonal tubes, which are then laid on compacted ground and filled with gravel. The trays are backed with a fibreglass membrane, which inhibits weed growth and helps prevent gravel loss, whilst remaining free draining. The gravel compacts into the tray sections to form a solid surface.
The benefits of using gravel stabilisation panels
- A durable, firm and level surface.
- Easy passage for foot traffic, pushchairs, bicycles and wheel chairs.
- Restricted gravel migration - low maintenance finish
- Completely porous thereby reducing the need for complicated and expensive drainage solutions.
- Quick and easy to install, no specialist tools or training needed.
Uses and applications
Gravel stabilisation is a cost effective life time investment for a durable gravel driveway or car park
- StablePAVE TRADE 40 panels are virtually maintenance free.
- If the honeycomb cells become exposed simply top up with gravel.
- A light raking once in a while will maintain the finished look.
|Dimensions of the panels||1200 x 800 x 40mm (L x W x H)|
|Honeycomb diameter||30 x 40 mm|
|Weight||1.59/2.45 kg/m2 (empty weight)|
|Load bearing (from)||130 tonnes/m2|
|Drainage capacity||StablePAVE TRADE is completely permeable|
|Biological resistance||Very good|
|Chemical resistance||StablePAVE TRADE (polypropylene) is resistant to almost all chemicals|
Installing our stabilisation products is a breeze and couldn't be easier. To ensure you get a perfect finish for you installation, please follow the below general installation instructions.
- The trays are placed on the prepared foundation / sub base. Each tray has projecting flaps of membrane. Subsequent trays should be laid on these overlaps to inhibit weed growth between trays.
- The retaining edging keeps the trays in place. StablePAVE can be cut easily with a power or hand saw to conform to any shape required.
- The wheelbarrows used to deliver the gravel can be driven over the filled trays. The most effective way of filling them is from the front. This helps to compact the gravel already laid with each subsequent trip.
- The gravel is then simply spread out across the honey combs with an overfill of approximately 10 to 20 mm to conceal the trays from sight.
- Your new installed gravel or grass stabilisation system is complete, enjoy your garden, drive or pathway!
StablePAVE HD should be placed on a suitably compacted sub-base (see notes), with weed suppressant overlap laid underneath each following sheet.Placement
Panels should be placed on a flat bed of blinding or sand, graded to suit the installation.Filling
Gravel fill at a rate of 70 - 75 kg per sq. metre, should be placed into the honeycomb structure. The honeycomb structure should be overfilled to a depth of 10 - 20 mm above the top surface of the panels. Filling should take place from the access point inwards and mechanical or pedestrian traffic should only occur over filled panels. Please refer to our comparison chart for gravel sizing.Compacting
If required final consolidation can be aided by light compaction with a compaction plate. Notes:
Sub-base substructure is dependent on the use to which the final surface is to experience. This can vary from compacted earth for very light foot access paths to 150 mm of type one sub base material, where regular vehicle traffic is anticipated. In general the same sub-base as would be specified for modular concrete paving, is applicable to StablePAVE.
StablePAVE requires virtually no maintenance.
If the honeycombs cells become exposed simply top up with gravel.
Sub-base substructure is dependent on the use to which the final surface is to experience. This can vary from compacted earth for very light foot access paths to 150 mm of type one sub base material, where regular vehicle traffic is anticipated. In general the same sub-base as would be specified for modular concrete paving, is applicable also to StablePAVE.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.