Before you connect, you should always check:
- As patio gas bottles have a 27mm valve, you should check that you have a 27mm clip-on regulator
- There isn’t a protective cap on your patio gas bottle, so make sure the top of the valve is nice and clean
- Please note that you should never disconnect the regulator with the switch in the on position
- Before using a patio gas bottle, please take a look at Calor's PDF technical publication on how to use patio gas safety.
Let’s get connected!
- The regulator switch should start in the off position
- Place the regulator down onto the gas bottle valve and press downwards firmly until you hear the audible ‘click’. This indicates that the regulator is in place
- To turn the gas on, turn the gas on/off switch a quarter turn anticlockwise to the 'on' position
- Always turn the switch clockwise to the 'off' position after use
Don’t forget to disconnect:
- Turn the regulator switch clockwise to the ‘off’ position
- If the flame doesn’t go out, leave the appliance alight and contact the Calor gas emergency service number on 03457 444 999
- Press the 'push' button on the lower part and lift the regulator from the valve
- If you’re using a butane gas bottle, place the safety cap onto the empty bottle valve